Collette J. Mehring, D.O. Profile
- B.S.N., Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, PA, 1996.
- Medical Doctor (D.O.) Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Philadelphia, PA, 2003.
- Internal Medicine Internship, Christiana Care Health Services, Newark, DE, 2003-2004.
- Internal Medicine Residency, Christiana Care Health Services, Newark, DE, 2004-2006.
- Nephrology Fellowship, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 2006-2008.
AWARDS / DESIGNATIONS
- Delaware Today Magazine Top Doc Award for Nephrology, 2016, 2018, 2019.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, 2006.
- Board Certified in Nephrology, 2008.
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Physician Customer Service Award, 2007, 2008.
- Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association Foundation, Scholarship for Academic Excellence, 2000-2001.
- Sigma Sigma Phi Zeta Chapter: PCOM Honorary Osteopathic Fraternity for Academic Excellence and Service to the Community, 2000-2003.
- Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honors Society, 1994-1999.
- Cum Laude Graduate, Bloomsburg University, 1996.
- Honors and Scholars Scholarship, 1995-1996.
- Nursing Study Abroad Program, Oxford University, England, 1995.
POSITIONS / APPOINTMENTS
- Medical Director at Talleyville Dialysis FMC unit.
- Nephrology Division Chief and Acute Program Director at Christiana Care, Union Hospital.
- Staff Member, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, Delaware, 2008-Present.
- Staff Member, St. Francis Hospital, Wilmington, Delaware, 2008-Present.
- Staff Member, Union Hospital, Elkton, Maryland, 2008-Present.
- Private Practice, Nephrology Associates, P.A., Newark, DE, 2008-Present.
- American College of Physicians, Associate Member
- Medical Society of Delaware
- Society for Critical Care Medicine, Member
- Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association, Member
- Renal Physicians Association
AREAS OF INTEREST