Gertrude Findley-Christian, M.D. Profile
- Medical Doctor (M.D.), University of Liberia, A. M. Dogliotti College of Medicine, Monrovia, Liberia, 1980.
- Rotating Internship, John F. Kennedy Medical Center, Monrovia, Liberia, 1981.
- Clinical Clerkship in Internal Medicine, Ohio State University Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, 1984-1985.
- Internship in Internal Medicine, Mount Carmel Mercy Hospital, Detroit, MI 1985-1986.
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Mount Carmel Mercy Hospital, Detroit, MI, 1986-1988.
- Fellow in Nephrology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1988-1990.
- Interventional Nephrologist Training with Theodore Saad, M.D., Nephrology Associates, P.A., Newark, DE, 2005-2006.
AWARDS / DESIGNATIONS
- Board Certified in Nephrology, 2010.
- Leonard Lang Award, American College of Physicians, Delaware Chapter, 2007.
POSITIONS / APPOINTMENTS
- House Officer in Internal Medicine, John F. Kennedy Medical Center, Monrovia, Liberia, 1982-1984.
- Consulting Staff, Bayhealth Milford Memorial Hospital, Milford, DE, 1990-2000.
- Medical Staff, Bayhealth Kent General Hospital, Dover, DE, 1990-Present.
- Consulting Staff, Beebe Medical Center, Lewes, DE, 1991-1998.
- President of the Medical Staff, Bayhealth Kent General Hospital, Dover, DE, 2004-2005.
- Chairman of the Super Medical Staff, Bayhealth Kent General Hospital, Dover, DE, 2005-2006.
- Medical Staff, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE, 2005-2011.
- Medical Staff, St. Francis Hospital, Wilmington, DE, 2005-2011.
- Private Practice, Nephrology Associates, P.A., Newark, DE, 1990-Present.
- Medical Director of FMC Greentree Dialysis Unit.
- Medical Director Bayhealth Medical Center, Dover, DE.
- Medical Director of PAM Rehab, Dover, DE.
- Alumni Association of A.M. Dogliotti College of Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology
- American Society of Nephrology
- 1st National Medical Association
- Liberian Medical and Dental Association, Member
- Medical Society of Delaware
- Renal Physicians Association
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Interventional Nephrology
- Electrolyte Disorders
- FMC Greentree
- FMC Bridgeville
- FMC North Dover
- FMC Dover Home Therapy