We will email you an invitation to the portal after your first office visit. Or, if you are already an established patient, call our office to request an invitation. For security reasons, you cannot view your Nephrology Associates medical records until you receive an invitation via email from our office.
If you email us for help, be sure to include your full name, email address, phone number, and best time for us to call you during the hours of 9-5. We do our best to respond within one business day. Do not send any private or medical information via unencrypted (ordinary) email.
Things to Remember
Nephrology Associates subscribes to the Allscripts FollowMyHealth portal. Allscripts is responsible for the design and functionality of FollowMyHealth. There are a few characteristics of FollowMyHealth that patients need to keep in mind:
- High Security is Turned-On -- We require that patients receive an emailed invitation from our office in order to set-up a FollowMyHealth account that will allow them to view their Nephrology Associates medical information. While anyone can go to FollowMyHealth.com without an invitation to set-up an account, it won't be able to view medical information created at Nephrology Associates. If you use FollowMyHealth for another physician that you see, that account won't be able to view medical information created at Nephrology Associates. You'll need a totally separate FollowMyHealth account (using a different user name) that was created from our invitation. Please call our office if you have questions.
- Your User Name Can be Anything -- When you receive our invitation and follow the link to setup your account, FollowMyHealth will suggest that you use your email address as your user name. But you don't have to follow that suggestion. You can create any user name you want that's unique on FollowMyHealth (another patient isn't using it). If you already used your email address for another doctor's FollowMyHealth account, you'll need to create a different user name for your Nephrology Associates account.
- Your Secret Code is the Last 4 Digits of your SSN -- When you click on the link in the invitation that we email to you, you will begin the setup procedure for FollowMyHealth. In one of the steps, you will be asked for your 'secret code.' Enter the last-4-digits of your Social Security Number.
- Electronic Signature is Required Before Items Appear -- Lab test results, procedure results, office visit notes, and other medical items will not appear on FollowMyHealth until they are electronically signed by your physician or nurse practitioner. If you need the information sooner, please call our office. You also have the option of using the patient portal from the organization that performed your lab or procedure -- for example, Labcorp, Quest Diagnostics, or the hospital that you went to.
- Date of Receipt is Shown for Labs and Procedures -- Lab test results and procedure results appear on FollowMyHealth marked with the date that they were electronically received or hand-entered into our system. They do not appear with the date that your blood was actually drawn, or the date that the procedure was actually performed. This can cause some confusion, and is important to remember if you intend to print-out and give your FollowMyHealth data to a different physician. In most cases, we receive electronically transmitted results within 1-2 days. However, if we receive old results on paper (for example, your family doctor faxes us labs that you had drawn 6 months ago) those results will appear on FollowMyHealth marked with the date that we hand-entered them. Rest assurred that, in our office system used by the physicians and nurse practitioners, all items appear with the date that they were actually performed. If you have any questions about your labs or procedures, or you would like your medical information forwarded to another physician, please call our office.