William J. Dahms, Jr., D.O., F.A.S.N. Profile
- B.S. in Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC, 1995.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.), Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2000.
- Internal Medicine Internship, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, TX, 2000-2001.
- Internal Medicine Residency, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, TX, 2001-2003.
- Nephrology Fellowship, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, 2003-2005.
AWARDS / DESIGNATIONS
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, 2003.
- Board Certified in Nephrology, 2005.
- Most Valuable Intern for the Department of Internal Medicine, Wilford Hall Medical Center, 2000-2001.
- First Place Winner, Clinical Vignette Competition, 2002 South Texas American College of Physicians Regional Meeting, “Parvovirus-Induced Collapsing Glomerulopathy, A Case Report.”
- Most Valuable Teaching Resident, as voted by the medical students from USUHS, 2002-2003.
- Robert T. Kunau, Jr., M.D. Clinical Excellence Award Recipient, 2005.
- Commander’s Award Winner for House Staff Scientific Research, 2nd place, Basic Science/Animal Model Category, 2005.
- Appointed as a Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology (FASN), a mark of distinction awarded to American Society of Nephrology members active in CME and Teaching activities, 2007.
POSITIONS / APPOINTMENTS
- Instructor, Department of Internal Medicine, Uniformed Services, University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, 2003-2005.
- Staff Nephrologist, Keesler Medical Center, Keesler Air Force Base, MS, 2005.
- Staff Nephrologist, Medical Director of Hemodialysis Unit, and Associate Director of SAUSCHEC Nephrology Fellowship Program, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, TX, 2005-2008.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Uniformed Services, University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, 2005-2008.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, 2006-2008.
- Staff Intensivist in Trauma ICU in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Balad Air Force Theater Hospital, Balad, Iraq, 2007.
- Key Clinical Faculty Member, Christiana Care Nephrology Fellowship, 2011-Present.
- Christiana Care Department of Medicine Credentials Committee Member, 2010-Present.
- Co-Chairman of the Delaware Renal and Hypertension Symposium, an annual program highlighting the latest topics in Nephrology and Hypertension, 2010-Present.
- Medical Director of FMC Christiana (University Plaza) Dialysis Unit.
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology
- American Society of Nephrology (FASN)
- Medical Society of Delaware
- National Kidney Foundation
- Renal Physicians Association
- Society of Air Force Physicians
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Resistant Hypertension, Outpatient and Critical Care Dialysis, Interventional Nephrology