Sangeetha Satyan, M.D. Profile
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S.), Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum, India, 1997.
- Rotatory Internship, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum, India, 1996.
- Rotatory Internship, K.C. General Hospital, Bangalore, India, 1996-1997.
- House Physician, Shekhar Hospital, Bangalore, India, 1997-1998.
- Internal Medicine Residency, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, 2001-2004.
- Chief Medical Residency, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, 2004-2005.
- Nephrology Fellowship, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, 2005-2007.
AWARDS / DESIGNATIONS
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, 2004.
- Board Certified in Nephrology, 2007.
- Resident of the year – PGY III, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, 2004.
- Fourth position in graduating class of medical school out of 100 students.
- Chief Medical Residency, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 2004-2005.
POSITIONS / APPOINTMENTS
- Staff Member, Kent General Hospital, Dover, DE, 2007-Present.
- Staff Member, Milford Memorial Hospital, Milford, DE, 2008-2011.
- Staff Member, Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, Seaford, DE, 2009-2010.
- Private Practice, Nephrology Associates, P.A., 2007-Present.
- Medical Director, Fresenius Medical Care, Smyrna, DE, 2009-Present.
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Nephrology
- Medical Society of Delaware
- National Kidney Foundation
- Renal Physicians Association
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Dialysis Therapies including Home Dialysis and Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT).
- Hypertension in Chronic Kidney Disease and Hemodialysis.
- Please refer to Dr. Satyan's publications on our Professional Articles page.