Rubeen K. Israni, M.D. Profile
- B.A. in Pre-Med, Boston University, 1995.
- Medical Doctorate (M.D.), Boston University, 1999.
- Master of Science in Clinical Epidemiology (MSCE), University of Pennsylvania, 2007.
- Resident in Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston VA Medical Center, Boston, MA, 1999-2002.
- Nephrology Fellowship, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2003-2005.
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2005-2007.
AWARDS / DESIGNATIONS
- Betty Lea Stone Scholarship, 1996.
- Pathology Honor Society, 1997.
- Acting Chief Resident, 2001.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, 2002, 2012.
- Board Certified in Nephrology, 2006.
POSITIONS / APPOINTMENTS
- Nephrology Staff, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, 2005-2007.
- Renal Division Staff, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, 2007.
- Medical Staff, Christiana Care Health System, Newark DE, 2007 to Present.
- Medical Staff, St. Francis Hospital, Wilmington, DE, 2007 to Present.
- Medical Staff, Union Hospital, Elkton, MD, 2007 to Present.
- Medical Director, FMC Riverside Dialysis Clinic, 2012 to Present.
- Private Practice, Nephrology Associates, P.A., Newark, DE, 2007-Present.
- American Heart Association and Council on Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease, 2006.
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Nephrology, 2005-Present.
- Medical Society of Delaware
- Renal Physicians Association
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Heart Disease in patients with Kidney Disease
- Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease