Appointment & Billing Policies
Click to view our Patient Financial Policy.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
What should I bring to my Nephrology Associates appointment?
- If you are a new patient, complete and bring the New Patient Packet that was mailed to you. You may click New Patient Packet to print the form.
- Your current insurance cards, including any separate prescription plan card.
- A photo ID.
- All of your current medications in their original containers.
- Copies of any recent blood work, diagnostic testing, or other medical records pertinent to your condition.
- A referral from your primary care physician, if required by your insurance carrier.
- We may ask you for a urine sample, so please be prepared to provide a fresh sample after you register at the front desk.
Billing Department Policies
Cancelation and No-Show Policy
- Missed Appointment Fee – A missed appointment is a scheduled appointment that you miss without notifying us in advance. A $20 fee will be billed. (Click to view our Patient Financial Policy.)
Insurance and Payment Information
- Nephrology Associates, P.A. participates with Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance carriers in DE and Cecil County, MD. Call our billing office if you have any concerns or questions about your specific plan. The Nephrology Associates billing office may be reached by calling (302) 225-0462.
- Referrals – if your insurance company requires a referral, please call your primary care physician 48-72 hours prior to your appointment, or check with your primary care doctor for their policies.
- Copays – We have a contractual obligation to collect your copay. The copay amount is usually listed on your insurance card under “specialist.”
- Please review our Patient Financial Policy.
- Call our billing office prior to your visit, or ask to speak to them when you arrive. Our billing department has many years of experience and will do all they can to help you.