Barmeta Smith, MSN FNP Profile
- Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.), Delaware Technical and Community College, 1975.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N.), Delaware Technical and Community College, 1977.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.), Wesley College, Dover, DE, 1985.
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.), Family Nurse Practitioner (F.N.P.), Wilmington College, New Castle, DE, 1997.
AWARDS / DESIGNATIONS
- Member of Delaware Chronic Renal Disease Advisory Council
POSITIONS / APPOINTMENTS
- ICU Staff Nurse, Milford Memorial Hospital, 1975-1980.
- Staff Nurse, Dover Dialysis, Dover, DE, 1980-1985.
- Director of Nursing, Renal Care Centers, DE, 1985-1990.
- School Nurse, Lake Forest School District, DE, 1990-1999.
- Nurse Practitioner, Nephrology Associates, P.A., Newark, DE, 1999-Present.
- Sigma Theta Tau National Nursing Honor Society
- Nursing Honor Society of Wilmington College
- Delaware Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Nephrology Nurses Association
- Renal Physicians Association
- National Kidney Foundation
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Dialysis accesses
- Impact of exercise for dialysis patients
- Effects of self-care on overall patient well being.